Good Evening! I am so incredibly sorry that I have not posted anything this week. I threw my back out and I have been unable to do much of anything since then. I finally feel better today and decided it was time to start blogging again! There isn’t really a ‘theme’ to this post, just some observations related to things that I have experienced recently.
I went on a date with a guy from Tinder, and it was a complete fail. The disappointment was nothing more than the regular okCupid annoyances. He said 5’7, he was likely 5’4, we planned to meet at 7pm, didn’t end up seeing him until 10:20pm… He was a nice guy and we did have fun hanging out. However, it was frustrating that although it was our ‘first meet/first date’ he felt it was acceptable to keep touching me and trying to kiss me. His passes went from cute to annoying in five seconds. MEN OF THE WORLD! If a girl does not look like she wants to kiss you or be touched by you, PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF! It is exhausting having to constantly dodge someone the whole night as they try to show you that kind of affection. I don’t plan on seeing the guy again, but i’ll keep my Tinder outlook open.
Remember that really hott AT&T install technician that I posted about last weekend? If not here it is -> AT&T GUY STORY. Well after he left he texted my phone and we started talking. It was actually really fun and I was enjoying the conversation. However, then I decided to plug his phone number into Facebook, and it turns out this guy has a GIRLFRIEND! So I tested him and asked him: Are you single? And surprisingly he responded and told the truth, that he wasn’t single. Since then he’s still continued to text me. He said something about his current girlfriend cheated on him and he didn’t care if he did the same.
WELL….I CARE. I am not one of those girls that will sit and try to mess with TAKEN men. Why do taken guys not realize that I see right through you? If you’re willing to cheat on your current girlfriend, then why wouldn’t you cheat on me? You wouldn’t! That is how it works, men become old dog’s that can only do the same tricks.
I don’t talk about it a lot, but my last boyfriend really changed my view on the dating world. We were together for about six months, and it was an amazing time. We had no problems that I was aware of, and I really loved him. One day I noticed we weren’t friends on Facebook or Instagram…and I realized this was his cowardly way of breaking up with me. That was back in February of this year, and I am still afraid of dating and commitment because of that experience. Tonight I actually saw him for the first time since… He came to finally exchange our things. It was a very quick exchange, but it was so freeing to do it. Finally the last piece of the puzzle is put in place, and I can truly move on. Do I know why we broke up? No. But I don’t need to know anymore, I have found my own happiness.
I know you guys enjoy some funny messages I get on okcupid!!!! Here are some of my favorites from the week:
- “Hello. I’m *****. Honestly, I stopped reading at how to message a girl. All that stuff you have on there is good. But i’m just going to be myself, like I always am lol and if you’re interested we’ll talk. And behind every answer or something I say on my profile, there’s a reason behind it. Anyway, how are you?
- This message made me want to throw my phone out a window. I know that my list can come across as a bit much, but I don’t think I ever asked someone to be someone else. If anything, I am pleading to the men of the online dating world to PLEASE stop lying about who you are, and be yourself.
- “Are you okay if your bf likes to cook?”
- HMMMM let’s see…. ummm YES? What kind of question is that? Why not just tell me you like to cook? Are there girls out there that won’t date you because you cook? I don’t believe it. I live off of pb&j, I would LOVE a man who can actually cook!
- “Wow.. great legs and nice smile. And with lips like that how can one go wrong?”
- I appreciate compliments, but is that really the way to start building a connection online? Complimenting my legs? Try going for the mind first…
- “Hey” “Hi” “Hello” “Good Evening” “Good Morning” “Good Afternoon”
- I hate these messages. You don’t have to write me a book, but at least write me something that shows you put some effort into talking to me. I honestly do not look at half the profiles from the guys that approach me with this. Perhaps i’m screwing everything up by ignoring them, but personally I would prefer a little more. Your initial message is like a sales pitch, you need to make it memorable, and something that catches my eye. If I had a dime for every time I received a message like this, I could buy Robert Downey Jr and make him be my husband.
Well this isn’t my greatest post! But at least it’ll give you an idea of what I have been up to these past few days! Now that my back is better I definitely plan to start writing some more and get some more content out here! I might even do a picture blog if you guys want! 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to read! Please comment below on any of the topics:
- What kind of experiences have you been through with the Tinder App?
- Cheating…Have you been cheated on? Have you cheated? Tell me about it! I want to know WHY!
- Have you recently had a run in with an exboyfriend or exgirlfriend? Tell me about it!
- Received a funny message on a dating website? Tell me about it! I would love to hear!
Thanks again for reading and HAPPY SOUL SEARCHING! xoxo